Contract Insurance Requirements
Are you about to sign a new client but the contract requires you to have specific insurance coverage?
Hiscox can help. Our general & professional liability coverages satisfy most standard contract insurance requirements. Here are a few reasons why you should consider us:
- Flexible policy limits: Hiscox offers policy limit options up to $2,000,000 for both professional and general liability insurance, and higher limits can be considered upon request, if required by contract.
- Fast and simple: You can quote and buy in minutes either online or by speaking to a licensed agent - immediate coverage.
- Documents emailed immediately: Your Hiscox certificate of insurance and policy documents are emailed immediately. (Acord insurance certificates can also be provided, if needed).
- Additional insured: We can add additional insureds to your policy immediately, if needed. Please call one of our licensed agents to discuss.
Common contract requirements:
Professional Liability Insurance
Hiscox tailors your professional liability coverage to your specific business needs and offers policy limit options up to $2,000,000. Higher limits can be considered upon request, if required by contract.
Why is it required?
Professional liability insurance, also called errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), protects you and your business from claims regarding negligent performance of your professional services, and will defend you even if you haven’t made a mistake, but are faced with unfounded accusations by a client. Visit our professional liability insurance page to learn more.
General Liability Insurance
Most contracts require at least $1,000,000 worth of general liability coverage. Hiscox offers policy limit options up to $2,000,000. Higher limits can be considered upon request, if required by contract.
Why is it required?
General liability insurance (CGL or GL insurance) protects your business from third party claims for bodily injury, associated medical costs and damage to someone else’s property. Visit our general liability insurance page to learn more.
Additional coverage available
Your contract might also require the following:
- Additional insured
- Waiver of subrogation
- Acord insurance certificate
- ISO form
- Primary & non-contributory clause
- Broad form contractual liability
Get your proof of insurance today
In a hurry? Don’t worry. Our quotes are provided in real-time and can be purchased online or over the phone at 866-283-7545 with one of our licensed agents. We will email your policy documents, including a certificate of insurance which you can send to your client immediately.
GET THE RIGHT INSURANCE, RIGHT NOW
Real-time quotes. Buy online. Immediate coverage.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
8am - 10pm (Mon - Fri) EST
Rated 4.9/5 for overall
About Hiscox small business insurance
- Small business specialists - focus on insuring professional businesses with less than 10 employees.
- Customized coverage - we help customize coverage to your specific needs. No more, no less.
- Great value - buy direct from Hiscox and enjoy excellent service and real value for money.
- Money back guarantee - be confident in your purchase with our 14 day guarantee.
- Financial strength - Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is 'A' rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.