Business Owner Insurance
What is Business Owner Insurance
Also known as a business owner's policy or BOP insurance, this includes general liability and business equipment coverage as standard.
General liability insurance covers third-party claims arising from bodily injury, as well as the associated medical bills. It also covers liability claims linked to damage of a third party’s property and more. Business equipment insurance covers all your business furniture and equipment at up to five different office locations which includes accidental damage as standard.
You should consider a business owners policy if you:
- need general liability insurance coverage.
- have business equipment such as computers, printers and furniture.
- own the building at which you work and need to insure the property.
- own and work with large amounts of data on a regular basis.
- have employees that could act dishonestly or steal clients' property.
Why choose Hiscox?
Hiscox has the small business owners insurance you need at the price and convenience you want. Key benefits include:
- Tailored coverage: We specialize in businesses like yours and tailor coverage to the risks in your field.
- Passion for service: Knowledgeable agents provide exceptional service – 96% of people surveyed recommend us.
- Coverage for contracts: Our professional & general liability coverages satisfy most standard contract insurance requirements.
- Fast and simple: Online quotes or speak to a licensed agent – immediate coverage.
- Confidence: Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is ‘A’ rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.
Learn more about the benefits of choosing Hiscox insurance.
Customize your business owner insurance
Customize your business owner insurance coverage to suit your specific business needs with our range of upgrades including office insurance, hired or non-owned vehicle insurance, a commercial crime insurance package and an electronic data loss package.
Office insurance (optional)
If you own your office, you’ll likely need to insure the building against risks such as fires. Hiscox offers this protection, as well as business interruption coverage, which covers related expenses like lost income, up to the applicable policy limit if your business can’t operate because of an insured loss, such as a fire.
For more details see our office insurance coverage page.
Hired or non-owned vehicle liability insurance (optional)
This upgrade protects your business in situations where an employee using their own (or rented vehicle) has an accident while driving for business purposes and your company is held liable.
For more details see our hired or non-owned auto liability insurance page.
Electronic data loss upgrade (optional)
If you work with a lot of electronic data, our electronic data loss upgrade is essential for you as a part of your business owners policy. Loss or damage to your data by a fire (which destroys your servers) or a computer virus could result in lost income, which is why we offer this upgrade.
For more details see our electronic data loss package page.
Commercial crime insurance upgrade (optional)
Our crime package covers claims relating to acts of dishonesty, forgery or theft of a client’s property by one of your full-time or temporary employees.
For more details see our commercial crime insurance page.
GET THE RIGHT INSURANCE, RIGHT NOW
Real-time quotes. Buy online. Immediate coverage.
This information is provided to assist you in understanding the coverage we offer and does not modify the terms and conditions of any insurance policy, nor does it imply that any claim is covered. Coverages are subject to underwriting and may not be available in all states.
8am - 10pm (Mon - Fri) EST
Rated 4.9/5 for overall
About Hiscox small business insurance
- Small business specialists - focus on insuring professional businesses with less than 10 employees.
- Customized coverage - we help customize coverage to your specific needs. No more, no less.
- Great value - buy direct from Hiscox and enjoy excellent service and real value for money.
- Money back guarantee - be confident in your purchase with our 14 day guarantee.
- Financial strength - Hiscox Insurance Company Inc. is 'A' rated (Excellent) by A.M. Best.