Whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur or a new small business owner, it’s always helpful to get insight from others.
Ahh, summer. A time for kicking back, relaxing, and taking vacations. If you’re an entrepreneur or small business owner it’s likely that you’re never truly on vacation; even when you’re out of town you’re strategizing, learning and coming up with to-do lists.
But this vacation season, as you add “take a vacation” to your to-do list, go ahead and add “read business books” too.
Whether you’re a seasoned entrepreneur with several ventures under your belt or just starting to think about striking out on your own, it’s always helpful to gain the insight of others who have gone before you. These ten books – written by business visionaries that are household names as well as lesser-known authors – can help you take your business plan from good to great.
We’ve mixed in classics and new titles to meet a wide range of tastes and support all levels of business owners, from seasoned experts to aspiring business owners.
- The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
- The 4-Hour Workweek by Timothy Ferriss
- Duct Tape Marketing Revised & Updated: The World’s Most Practical Small Business Marketing Guide by John Jantsch
- The Long Tail: Why the Future of Business is Selling Less of More by Chris Anderson
- The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future by Chris Guillebeau
- Ten Types of Innovation: The Discipline of Building Breakthroughs by Larry Keeley, Helen Walters, Ryan Pikkel, and Brian Quinn
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
We’re also adding a bonus book from Gene Marks, the featured author for our Hiscox Authors Series for Entrepreneurs. Gene’s latest book is In God We Trust: Everyone Else Pays Cash, shares lessons from a host of business owners.
Read one or more of the business books we’ve suggested and let us know how they help you make your business a success. Happy reading!